Friday, May 14, 2010

Birthday and the day before

Life's been quite good the last one and half days.
I will be leaving tonight for a week's travel to France on work. Since today is my birthday, I had taken an off from work to pack, and spend time with the special one.

The boys at office decided to celebrate my birthday yesterday itself, instead of waiting for me to come back next week(which is what we usually do if someone's not there in office on their birthday). Also, unlike what I had thought, I finished my work quite early, so left office in time. Rode back in some awessssome rain. I have never understood why people hate rain so much. Anyway, more about that in another post.

So, I came home drenched to the undies, and met cousins who'd surprisingly dropped in on a weekday. Got a round of the customary birthday bums(or bumps?). All the usual friends called up at midnight to wish.

Woke up aaram se in the morning, and spoke to a few more friends. And then got some superb news regarding finance, which unfortunately I can't reveal here due to confidentiality agreements. The special one came a little later than I expected, but it was all good. It was sweltering hot, and as we left for lunch, the elements read my mind. In minutes, clouds came together, and it started pouring. We parked her vehicle on the road and went in an auto. It was amazing. Seriously, there's something about rain that's so awesome!

In the evening, couple of the boys got cake, (flavour suggested perfectly by the special one). It was yummy. Got the customary cake smear, this time, some of it even shoved up my nose. All in all, it was nice. For the first time, my birthday lasted for more than a day!

One thing I'm a little sad about - Every year, a very good friend of mine(from school) wishes
me. We don't stay too much in touch, but I still see him as a very good friend. This year, he seems to have forgotten.

Alrite, got to go wrap the packing! My flight leaves at 4.15. Taxi arrives at 12. Chao.

1 comment:

Black Swan said...

:| I wish I had been there. I was planning the cake smear with the "special one" for 2 days! Jeez, such an anti climax.

Still, Happy Birthday, you :)